I found the need to move our WordPress installation to a new directory/folder.
At the time, we were using version 5.3.2. Below are the steps I utilized.
- I created a new folder and named it.
- I copied all the WordPress folders and files into the new folder I created in step “1” above.
- Utilizing phpMyAdmin, look for the WordPress “options”, and the first two rows should be settings for WordPress current location > modify as needed the new location for both “siteurl” new directory and “home” directory.
- In options table > Option_name = siteurl = https://your_domain.com/wordpress_folder
- In options table > Option_name = home = https://your_domain.com/wordpress_folder
- Browse to your new location and your wordpress should be working.
- If you can not log in to your admin control panel, > type the complete URL address: Example: if it was https://your_domain.com/wordpress_folder/wp-login type the complete address > https://your_domain.com/wordpress_folder/wp-login.php
I had no issues and viewing our htaccess file, the file required two changes.
Extra help if needed can be found at WordPress site: https://wordpress.org/support/article/moving-wordpress/ https://wordpress.org/support/article/giving-wordpress-its-own-directory/